Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cupcakes & Kaiyuh V.S.Technology


In happy agreement with the last post regarding family, I want to post just some little tidbits about life with family. Our family is truly unique. As my cousin said in her last post, our family is laden with special talents. From story telling to epic flatulence, our family has got it all.

Last night Kayla, my best friend, cousin and fellow blogging sista, spent the night with me at our grandparents' house. I'll tell you, there is nothing more wonderful than spending a night reading and watching Veronica Mars in comfortable silence without a thing to worry about. To better the entire situation, Kayla supplied us with possibly the best cupcake I have EVER eaten in all of my existence. Picture this:

Red velvet cupcake (moist and unbelievably soft-and velvety) topped with smoother-than-reality cream cheese frosting. And sprinkled with some sort of yummy nut flakes. In short, I'm quite sure I dreamed about it.

I remember falling asleep in joyful relaxation. It was the epitome of a youthful summer night. Just like the night (4th of July) that my entire family shot of fireworks into the night, or the night my fellow blogger wrote of, where we were all just enjoying each other's company. As if I haven't said enough...it was freaking awesome.

In other news, I had a most epic battle with technology. For the first time in my life, I am the owner of a cell phone. My pocket now holds an iPhone 4G with an electric purple case. Since I have always sworn off cellphones, proliferating that I didn't need/want one and that they were not good for people, I had a bit of a complex surface about my newfound ownership. At first I felt elated, happy to join the 21st century. Then I was avalanched in guilty dread. I couldn't figure out how to buy songs on iTunes, and to top it off, my computer decided to automatically shut down in mid-use and jumble all of my files (thank god I found them all and fixed everything). All in all, I figured it all out. Not without a few tears, of course. I learned my lesson: do NOT try to battle technology. You will lose. Miserably, with a tear streaked face and trampled pride. Maybe someone else would have made it through unscathed, but not I. I just need to roll with it. Or else commission someone to figure it out.

Otherwise, things are pleasantly calm in the fam damily. I am happy, healthy, and peaceful, and at this moment, everything seems alright. Hope it lasts.

Peace and love.
-Kaiyuh Rose-

No comments:

Post a Comment